Unpacking 2: Of Skulls & Teeth (video)
Topics Covered in this Unit
- Functional Anatomy
- The Skeletal System
- Diet Types And Adaptation
- Qualitative & Quantitative Methods
- Morphometrics (shape has meaning)
***Purchase this Unit (click here).
Exercise 1A: Tooth Types (video)
This video describes an activity appropriate for grades 3 – 12. Students will be able to: (1) distinguish between the three basic tooth types: incisor, canine and molar, (2) better understand how a particular shape of a tooth has a specific function in animal feedings, and (3) discuss how teeth have an important purpose for animal acquisition of food.
Below are links to all documentation for this thematic unit. Presentations are available in PowerPoint format, as well as PDFs for those wishing to print transparencies for overhead projectors. Teachers may wish to review unit workbooks for more in-depth information before using the supplied presentations.
- 2009 TN Science Curriculum Standards
- 2009 TN Mathematics Curriculum Standards
- Common Core Math Standards
Workbooks with Exercises
- Of Skulls and Teeth (PDF Workbook)
Additional Readings and Supplementary Files
Scientific Journal Articles (PDF)